Hometask

1) We had already eaten when John

(come) home.

2) Last year Juan 


(pass) all his exams.

3) When I 


(get) to the airport I discovered I had forgotten my passport.

4) I went to the library, then I 

(buy) some milk and went home.

5) I opened my handbag to find that I 

(forget) my credit card.

6) When we 

(arrive) at the station, the train had already left.

7) We got home to find that someone 

(break) into the house.

8) I opened the fridge to find that someone 

(eat) all my chocolate.

9) I had known my husband for three years when we 

(get) married.

10) Julie was very pleased to see that John 

(clean) the kitchen.
11) It 

(rain) all summer, so the grass was completely dead.

12) When he 

(arrive) at the party, Julie had just left.

13) After arriving home, I realised I 

(buy) any milk.

14) The laundry was wet - it 

(rain) while I was out.

15) William felt ill last night because he 

(eat) too many cakes.

16) Keiko 

(meet) William last September.

17) First I tidied the flat, then I 

(sit) down and had a cup of coffee.

18) John 

(play) the piano when he was a child, but he doesn't play now.

19) When I opened the curtains the sun was shining and the ground was white. It 

(snow) during the night.

20) When Julie got home from her holiday, the flat was a mess. John 

(have) a party.

Комментарии