The purpose of choosing English as a foreign language

For the first semester, I was learning Russian, but for the second semester, I changed my group and started learning English. I had a lot of reasons for that.
Firstly, learning foreign languages is important nowadays. I think that any educated person must learn foreign languages. But I prefer English to other foreign languages. Why? English is becoming a global language. Half of a billion people in the world use English at home or work. English is the language that is known for the most part of our fine, magnificent, and surprising world. English is so widespread that it has become the standard language for all kinds of international communication. Today English is one of the most widespread languages of our Universe. There is no airport or a flight service, technology, or sports in the world that isn`t dominated by English. It is also the universal language of the Internet as the majority of electronic books and information can be found in this language. Also, in many professions knowledge of the language is required mostly English. Much easier to go to a business meeting without an interpreter to communicate with the colleagues. Аnd finally, I love and want to learn English.

For the start, we did some interesting joint projects in class, we had discussions, but then because of this coronavirus we had to stay at home in March. To be honest, I did mostly English at home this semester. And during the lesson we had discussions, we played joint English games, we watched English movies to develop vocabulary, and so on. We did translation projects, during which we all translated and tried, to understand different texts together. And in online learning, we do our homework and send it to the teacher. This semester was useful for me because my vocabulary developed․ It was interesting that we were playing games․ And thanks to the games, we not only relaxed but also learned. And of course, I want all this to end soon and go to school again because school is really more interesting.

Комментарии