Classwork | Exercise 3

 be / get used to + gerund vs. used to + infinitive

Circle the correct words.

I used am used to go surfing every morning. That’s how I lost my leg to a shark. I used / am used to enter competitions. I won quite a few trophies. Now I have to watch from the beach. It was tough at first but I’m used/I used to it now.

At first it was really weird having only one leg. I spent about six months getting used to «go / going everywhere in a wheelchair and then the doctor told me I was ready for an artificial leg. He fitted it a year ago and, at first, I found it really hard to use but I completely used / I’m completely used to walking on it now. It’s so comfortable I sometimes forget it’s not my real leg.

I used to have / having a really active life. Apart from the surfing I am used / used to go mountain biking and hiking. At first I thought I’d lose all that, but it’s amazing how much you can still do. Of course. I’m not as quick as I used to being / be but I can still have fun. I haven’t got used to «go going back into the sea yet. It’s difficult to get the memory of that shark attack out of my head.

Комментарии